Saturday, August 23, 2008

Week 1 Summary

We..
1. Discussed the course, the projects, the requirements, my desire that EVERYONE will do their very best in this class and earn an A
2. You signed up for a Google account and started Project 1: Your Blog. Links to blogs should appear this weekend on this class blog.
3. We demonstrated how to add ALT and TITLE modifiers to IMG tags in the HTML code that places an image (picture) on a web page. Separate notes are available (see next post above).
4. I took your pictures and you added them to your blog. You should also be able to substitute your own picture for mine if you so desire.
5. I suggested that you should think about Project 2: Your Presentation (due Week 5) which must be about YOU! I suggested that you create a storyboard (draw boxes and write notes on what you will do with your slides). A little text and at least one image (but not too many) on at least 14 slides. I also indicated that the presentation itself was just as important as the creation of the presentation in Google Docs Presentation.
6. You completed two forms, a math diagnostic and a questionnaire on plagiarism. (If you have not completed these, see me for instructions. They are REQUIRED).
7. I distributed several handouts. ALL handouts can be found through links on this Class Blog.
8. You must now make twice a week posts to your blog following the instructions in the Blog Topics (Blog Assignments) handout. DO NOT FALL BEHIND! You cannot do the work for this course at the last minute!
9. Did I forget anything? If I did, leave a comment by clicking COMMENT below.

No comments: